Thank You to local businesses and organisations for your support to the North Glasgow community
As we head into the festive season, businesses and organisations have been working hard to make it a happy one for the community. There are so many wonderful people and organisations out there and we would like to say a BIG Community Thank You to you all.
- You will have read about the Glasgow Baby Food Bank in our North News and they have continued to provide a vital service in the run up to Christmas and have featured in BBC News. Thank you to these wonderful women for all you do – you really are community stars!
- Beam Suntory, a distillery based in Possilpark, kindly supported the Community Festive Drive this year. They got in touch with ng homes and delivered over 100 wrapped presents and a bike which were distributed to children in the local area
- Local Businesses, Access Plus and Wright Kerr donated funds for winter jackets for children which was greatly appreciated
- Linda Dempster from Comfort Zone held two Santa visits on 18th and 19th December for over 200 children in the area!
- Gary Walker Butchers have generously donated some items for those in the community
- Celtic FC and FARE donated some gift vouchers that were distributed to community members
- Allied Vehicles have been amazing with their support right across the area donating hundreds of toys, selection boxes and food to the across the community
- Partick Thistle Charitable Trust who delivered food hampers to 60 older people
- Possobilities for arranging festive meals in the run up to Christmas, and of course for dealing with the Grinch!
- Springburn Academy led by Emma Porter for the Kindness Drive on 18th December
- Thanks to the Possilpark Events Committee for a wonderful festive events held in Milton and Possilpark
- Springburn Men’s Shed for the amazing work and also for making a Santa Sledge for local Hospice
- Thanks also to the range of community organisations across the area who continue to support their members. These include: African Challenge Scotland, Glasgow Afghan United, Glasgow Chinese Recreation Centre, Young Peoples Futures, and Springburn Community Hub
Have a lovely, peaceful and safe festive season and we wish you all the best for 2022.
Access Plus and Wright Kerr donated funds for winter jackets
Beam Suntory generously donating gifts and a bike, with ng homes staff
Comfort Zone held two Santa visits
Dom and Ronnie from ng homes with Ronier Deumeni from African Challenge (ACS) donating gifts to ACS
Donations from Beam Suntory
ng homes staff Dom, Ronnie and Paula donating gifts from Beam Suntory
Partick Thistle Hampers going through quality control!
Wonderful hampers made up and donated by Partick Thistle Charitable Trust
Glasgow Baby Food Bank donations